No. 4. The four indicates four gallons - stamped, stoneware with cobalt floral design.
Fulper pottery was founded in 1858 when Abraham purchased the company that manufactured ceramic drainage tiles. During the mid 19th century they branched out making earthenware and stoneware household items. Items manufactured included canning jars, vinegar jugs, beer mugs, bottles, butter churns, and drinking fountains for chickens and other poultry. Later they became known for their art pottery.